Reformation 500 Events
This year we mark the 500th anniversary of the beginning of the Lutheran Reformation. On October 31, 1517 a monk named Martin Luther nailed Ninety-Five Theses to the church door in Wittenberg, Germany. His statements of faith sought to challenge religious leaders to debate the disparity between church teachings and Scripture. Note the ways we will celebrate and join in!
September 10 – December 3: Celebrating Our Reformation Heritage at Sunday School. All ages will celebrate key emphases of Lutheran Christianity.
Each week we will begin with a short video clip from the new Reformation movie, A Return to Grace.
- The Beginning: Baptism
- God's Undeserved Gift: Justification by Grace
- Not for Sale: Forgiveness in Christ Alone
- Christ's Body and Blood: Holy Communion
- Forgiven but Not Perfect: Saint and Sinner
- Witness Together: Augsburg Confession
- Join and Sing to the Lord: Congregational Worship
- All Serve Christ: Vocation
- One Authority: Scripture Alone
- Bold Witness: Confidence Drawn From Scripture
- Not by Force: Power of the Word
- My Bible: The Bible Into People's Hands
Monday, October 2: A Return to Grace. New Reformation movie hosted by King of Kings at Regal Stadium 10 Theater in Clifton Park. Contact Pastor for tickets: 518-932-4693 or email@example.com.
October 3-4: Pastors’ Conference at King of Kings. You are invited to attend the opening worship service for the conference on Tuesday, October 3 at 10:00am. You are also welcome to attend the Reformation Talks
Sunday, October 29:
8:00 & 10:45am Reformation Sunday Worship
4:00pm: Area Reformation Service for WELS New England Circuit congregations at King of Kings. Dinner following the service.
Friday, November 10: German Dinner and fellowship on Martin Luther’s birthday. Presentation: Luther and the Reformation Germany Tour.